I've been having fun looking over NPR's top lists of albums and songs this year. 
Some of them are great! Some of them made me angry. (Call Me Maybe? Really? That's good marketing, not music.) Some are a little kooky. And most I've never heard! Which I appreciate. Super fun.

Some of my favorites: 

"Who" by David Byrne (from The Talking Heads) and St. Vincent (From awesome indie female guitaristness) 

I'm a big St. Vincent fan. She's always sort of haunting, constantly genius, and her videos never fail to creep me out but somehow keep me from looking away every single time. 




Matt Ulery, Album By a Little Light

All of the songs I've listened to off of it so far have this juxtaposition about them of  this whimsical chiming of marimba and piano and glockenspiel but all the while with an intense build to it too. It's really fun! Give it a listen. 

"To Lose Your Mind" 


Regina Spektor, Album What We Saw From the Cheap Seats
Who doesn't love Regina? She's talented, pretty, funny, and smart as a whip (whatever that means...) She leaves nothing left to be desired. Love her! 

"Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)" 


There's tons of fun songs and albums on the list, but they sort of jump all over the map. If you've got time, check a few of them out! 

Hope y'all are enjoying the New Year and getting lots done. 

XoXo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists