I've been reading this blog a lot lately.
Oh, and I could read it for hours!

Diane Comer is a wise and Godly woman, the wife to the pastor of one of my favorite churches in Portland, and head of woman's ministries there herself. She is gentle, and kind, and reminds me a lot of my own Mom. (A huge compliment if you've ever met my mom!)

One of the sweetest things on her blog is her Letters to My Son  series.
It's encouraging to be reminded of what a God centered relationship looks like, as she encourages her own son in waiting for and eventually pursuing the woman God created him to be with.

She often writes to him about the example her own husband has set. And again, it reminds me of my own parents. I am reminded how lucky I am to have parents who adore and support each other the way mine do! My parents have the greatest love story because it's a story of work, and redemption, and God leading and teaching them. My dad is probably the cheesiest person you will ever meet! But also, the most genuine. And I appreciate that about him because he has taken the time to treat each of his princesses with the same genuine adoration as he does his queen.

It's such a rare thing in our society to come from such a happy home, not to say we've never faced our own set of struggles, because believe me there has been strife and opposition and rage in our home as in so many others, but the difference, as I've learned, is that we take it to God.

There isn't a morning that goes by that my mother isn't laboring in love over her bible with a box of tissues and a jar of highlighters.
She makes me laugh, that woman.

We let her know she's crazy! But in the best way, I think.

She is always there with a wise word, to pray for or comfort me; to let me know when I'm not going crazy and when I definitely am; and to remind me that God's in control.
She is so good about that. Even in the times I've doubted God's very existence, she's allowed me to find out for myself what I believe, trusting very much so that if God is who he says he is, that I would find him in the end.

Incredible woman like these are hard to come by, and I am so thankful for the ones I have to help encourage and guide me! Ultimately, I have to remember that they got that way, by the grace of God and that if I want to be like them I simply need only to spend more time with Him. What an exciting aspiration!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists