Scatterbrain: My life as of late.

  • Today I listened to a lot of this: The Dear Hunter, Matt Costa, Copeland, Dustin Kensrue and Margot and the Nuclear So and So's. 



  • I did some exploring by myself. A grand solo expedition! One of my favorite and simultaneously least favorite things to do. With no one else to think about, you're free to take your time and explore any cove, alley, nook and cranny your little heart desires all up the western coast! So today I woke up, played some guitar, did some yoga, ate fruit and honey for breakfast, showered and packed up! I know, it's not fair right? I'm jealous of myself right now. I drove up the coast winding through all the little sections of San Diego through bird rock and up to La Jolla which is where I decided I loved Bird Rock and hated La Jolla. Too snooty for this girl; drivers honking at each other for silly things like leaving the stop sign at the same time, tall ritzy shops...  So I went back down to bird rock grabbed some really great coffee and found me a bench overlooking the ocean. The life! Here's where things get awkward when you explore alone. After finishing my coffee on the bench I think I walked up and down the top of the beach at least three times before finally picking a spot to lay down at. I mean really though, who doesn't get a little socially tense when they're alone in a new place. I fell in love with the place though. Bird rock and the beautiful quiet beach. It's my new favorite spot to hang. And that coffee shop wasn't bad either! All on the block and no problems parking... It was like I stumbled upon some sacred secret spot!     

  • I've been researching art therapy a lot lately. I think I could really see myself in that line of work. I've always been torn between my love of people and art and music and I think this could be an awesome balance of all three and just an incredible way to contribute to society and help people. But I'm really loving San Diego. I think I want to finish up school here. Which means I would have to get my undergrad in something like psychology or some sort of counseling with a focus in art and maybe minor in music and then I could move on to get my masters in art therapy. Cool huh? Gettin my masters in art school somewhere like SCAD in Georgia or Cornish in Seattle after spending a couple years surfing and doing my undergrad in SD. Hanging here at bird rock. I don't think I could dream up a better life plan! This sounds really great. 

  • Surfer dads are the best dads. The family next to me at the beach was the cutest thing I've ever seen and if it's not too cheesy for me to say I can't wait to have a hot surfer hubby that wants to adventure with me. 

  • I also awkwardly got in the middle of a body surfing contest? Again, awkward times during my solo adventure. I'm swimming out in the water kind of just messing around in the waves with a bunch of people, or so I thought, until I went to get out and noticed a bunch of people on the beach watching and cheering and I'm like uh?... Oops! Turns out it's just a youth group doing a beach day but they passed out little trophies and everything! 

  • Oh! And I'm also not washing my hair. I don't know why. Sophie and I were just talking one night about how good it is for your hair to wash it less and somehow decided one stopping completely. Our time frame is indefinite and I lost count of the days thus far but it doesn't smell yet! ... probably gonna have to quit this sooner or later. 

  • Soph and I have a solid plan to make it up the coast to Oregon in time for the country fair which I am jazzin on! We're gonna stop by SLO, Yosemite, Santa Cruz, Humboldt, The Redwoods. It's all too good! Then the rest of my summer will be camping, climbing and biking around Eugene again! 

  • Quitting my job was the best decision I ever made. And and I think I found what I want to do with my life. Funny how that works!

  • Life is good and I love the ocean.

  • If you're unsettled in life go for an adventure. You'll find you're way again. Even just a day away is so refreshing so get in your car put on the jams and run away for awhile! Who knows! You just might not ever come back ;) 

Love Koko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists