Spontaneity.

Where do I begin??

My life has been so incredible these past couple weeks and honestly, I hate to talk about it so much because it feels like I'm bragging, but I am seriously overwhelmed with how good life has been.
I have to share! And not to rub it in anyone's face, but just because I'm so excited about it!
Grateful does not even begin to describe it. 

It's almost as if every childhood dream I ever thought up is suddenly coming true!

Let's start with Thursday night.
We go to the big County Fair where Switchfoot is playing. Now, I've never been lucky enough to live by the ocean but that doesn't mean that I'm not 99.9% salt water by birth rights. I love the ocean and it has a HUGE part of my soul. So when they brought out Tom Curren to play a song with them I just about died.
My inner twelve year old was screaming her head off.

We heard that Swicthfoot's annual Bro Am, a surf competition they hold every year, was actually the next day and Swicthfoot was playing at it again. Sweet! 

So of course we go. 

It was a gorgeous, gorgeous day in Encinitas and we just got to hang out at the beach all day and watch Switchfoot play again.

This is what I look like after a long happy day at the beach. 

But this time...  they bring out Tom Curren AND Rob Machado ... so Sophie (that beautiful blonde cousin I'm staying with) and I were beyond stoked. These guys were my childhood idols. I spent countless hours reading surf mags out in the country and dreaming of doing what I was doing just now, hanging out at a surf contest and seeing these guys do their thing. How cool is that?

We also got to see Dead Feather Moon perform and I fell in love. They played an awesome set and I mean, the fact that they all had long hair and beards may have swayed my opinion of them a little bit... but not that much okay. Check them out!





After headin' home we cleaned up and made our way to an art show that night followed by some down town adventures where we mightttt have crashed a rooftop party then made our way to the firescape instead, which mayyy have set off a silent alarm that called the fire department and happened to get us caught by the security guard hanging our feet off the edge of the tenth story up... of course it was then followed by some In-N-Out,  a good long night skate around the bay and some life talks. Phew! What a day. 


L: Roof party C: Streets R: My feet hang off the roof


Sometimes when you get caught, you move fast and it might happen to be during the only picture you were taking of your feet... 
This morning we went out to Pacific Beach, which is one of my favorites down here, for some oceanside Yoga with Namasteve! Who is officially my favorite instructor ever, he's hilarious.

 



But really, concerts, surf contests, art shows, underground hip hop, mischief and mayhem, yoga on the beach. Could my heart get any happier? I submit that it could not! (Brian Regan anyone??)

Rap Battle? Totally where I belong. 
There was some incredible work there and I was a dunce and never caught any of the artists names. 








If you've read this far, then the moral of the story here folks is that spontaneity and openness can make for the best adventures! You just have to be brave enough to put yourself out there and go for it. So do it! Quit your job and take the summer to take a solo road trip! Go to surf contest and art shows, crash rooftop parties, do yoga on the beach! Do the things that make you happy and make you feel alive and love the people around you while you do it. 




But don't forget the love. You just can't. It's what makes any of it worthwhile. 


 More adventures:  




Nails by Sophie. 





Love love love my family. 

A picture of a polaroid of me taking a picture. 

Some other things I've been loving this week:

I love spoken word. I just discovered Anis Mojgani and let me tell you I can't get enough of him. He's too good. 




If you like spoken word check out Sarah Kay too. 

Also, I probably check Burton Girls every day... no I haven't snowboarded in years. Yes, I am a poser and yes I still love the mountains with my whole heart. I'll get back at it again soon. But Burton's blog is a mish mash of good music and recipes and things that inspire you; just all around good vibes about living the good life. 


And I fell in love with this gorgeous, airy, summer dress. 



Summer is just beginning. 
Don't forget to go camping, float the river, cut up your t-shirts and wear your suncreen! 



BIG Love. Kelly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists