Summer

There is nothing like being home with your family. 
Country music and the windows rolled down. 
Backyard baseball with the nephews.
Pool parties and gradumatation celebrations. 
And a wholllle lotta love to go 'round. 

L O V E being H O M E. 


This week has been a whirl! 

First off I got to celebrate this sweet girls birthday.



Courty is a doll. We go for long drives and she keeps me laughin' all the time. A real sassafrass with a heart of gold, she loves Johnny Cash and Jesus too and could school you at baking on any given day. We love her!

Don't judge me by my dirty hair... or my unedited photos. 

Blue steel. 



We went to this adorable old house turned restaurant here in town. It was started a few years ago by two friends who say as kids they always cooked and baked together daydreaming of opening a restaurant someday. How fun is that? I mean as a kid when I baked with friends or threw tea parties we always dreamed of opening bakeries and restaurants so the fact that these two actually did is just so stinkin' cute to me!  



Then I took a grand ol' solo road trip down to California!
(Soundtrack: Andrew Bird; Carole King, James Taylor, Band of Horses) 

Right now I'm stopped at my sister's place in the Central Valley before I head all the way south.
Two of my sisters live here and are neighbors so I get to see them both and my nephews. 
It's pretty close to where I grew up and I am loving the big fields and dry heat!
(No really, sometimes a girl just needs a few days of 90 degree weather. But don't worry. I'll be at the beach soon!)


My sister Jennie and her hubby Burke. This is how they always look. 
(Ps you can catch a peek of this gorgeous lady in last months People magazine as the most beautiful 26 year old!) 

The woofers. 

Backyard grad party dress.
Staying at your sisters house mean gaining an extra closet. 
L O V E. 


Speaking of which Jennie's closet  has convinced me I need to wear more dresses.
Jennie has the best style in the world and I am constantly taking tips from her.She turned me on to Shabby Apple while I've been here and I am in love! Check out these favorites of mine: 


Puca Pucara 
Joyride
Overboard
So cute huh? I would love to have more than a few of these! 
Nothing feels better then wearing a dress to a backyard party in the summer and Shabby Apples whole philosophy is that you should feel beautiful in what you wear not because of "what you bare" which I love. 



I've also become addicted to Duck Dynasty while I've been here. 

(Check it out here.)

It's hilarious! What could be better than good, southern born and bred, bearded, God fearin' men who can hunt? I think I've been living in the wrong state. 

They're also from  the same state as one of my favorite bands, As Cities Burn.
 Here's Pirate Blues, one of my favorite songs by them:


Louisiana here I come!

Hope you guys are all enjoying your summer.
Love Kelly 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lists