Lists

Things I love this week:



  • This Aristotle quote: "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
  • And this Neil DeGrasse Tyson quote: " There is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when                  irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance."
  • Cirque Arts. After watching an intermission cirque performance at a fashion show this spring I fell in love with the easily accessible art/ exercise. Running away to the circus always seemed so far fetched but there's more classes around then you'd think! I'm definitely thinking about taking it up when I settle in in the fall. I particularly love the Lyra:
and the silk ribbons: 



  • This awesome video of Steve Martin. Always a favorite. 




  • Another blog I check often is Volcomunity. Volcom sponsors Clair Bevo, one of my all time favorite athletes. A self proclaimed "gypsy" and a pro surfer, Bevo is inspiration to girls everywhere. She's gorgeous, talented, health conscious and even has a raw foods company! I love her love of life, traveling, dancing and generally having a good time. Check out volcomunity's most recent post about her adventures in Costa Rica here. 


  • The work of Corcoise, an artist from Puerto Rico. Definite favorite is his see saw series where he "ink blots" paint and then draws over it. Check out more of his work here.



  • These cute Polaroids with Sophie I found on my computer from my sisters wedding last summer. 






Fun things I did this week: 

  • Tried to learn to skate. It's a lot harder than it looks alright? I'm pretty sure every seven year old boy in America can do it but I still can't. But hey! I'm gonna get it. I'm determined. 
  • Made a vegan pizza. I like to eat raw or vegan when I can so it's fun to try new recipes! 
  • Sat at the beach.
  • Fell asleep at the beach.
  • Got some really awkward tan lines.... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog